Friday 3 January 2014

For the past 3 years I have wanted to start a blog. There has always a reason not to. Either I thought no one would read it or what I had to say couldn't possibly be as important or interesting as other people who had blogs. 
This is totally outside of my comfort zone. My birthday is July 20th which makes me a Cancer. This means I am ruled by my emotions...and if something worries me, I tend not to do it or avoid it all together. I am also ruled by instinct and intuition. Since the tugging about a blog never left, I knew I was just being a huge chicken shit and had to act.

The past year I have been riding a huge wave of change. Not just lifestyle changes but attitude changes. I have a desire to live an authentic life, not to just be a huge faker.
Of course changes of these magnitudes start somewhere. 
The beginning for me was leaving a job that I once was in love with. It turns out that it was all an illusion. What once was real and true became impossible and full of ego. So, I bailed. I got the hell outta there with every ounce of myself that I had left.

The next thing I noticed were relationships. I realized I had so many toxic people in my life, toxic thought processes and I was very judgmental. Not just of others, mostly of myself and the people I loved the most. Brutal.

Then I noticed my girls. My babies. I was constantly distracted. There was always a "Just a sec!" or "No, not right now".  Then I would sooth my distractions with a big fat dose of television. Or Netflix. Or Facebook. Or. Or. Or. The list goes on.

I decided 2 things when I started to realize these things about myself. 
1. I am not living my life this way.
2. This ends now.

I saw a quote that meant so much to me. As time passes, it means even more.
"Everything is energy and that's all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics." -Albert Einstein 

What I can take away from that is that if you want to live a positive life, you have to have a positive outlook. Period. If you want to be negative, your world will be negative. Simple as that.

2014. I welcome you with open arms. I see all my past experiences as a propeller pushing me in the right direction, even if it didn't seem like it at the time. 
As I prepare for the birth of our 3rd baby, I am at peace. Peace with the past, present and future. 
I have 2 beautiful little girls who are hilarious, sweet and everything I could have ever imagined. I have a husband who is my biggest cheerleader (he actually dressed up like one once for Halloween..pigtails, beard, even the skirt). 
I still stumble. Often.  But I don't stay there nearly as long as I used to and nor do I want to. I love my life and the ones in it and I want my day to day attitude to reflect that.

This outlet, not only for creative reasons, will hold me accountable.
I have so many things I am passionate about. My family, my body/mind/spirit, cooking, finding things to laugh at in day to day life. Anything and everything. I can't say you will always find me interesting but I'm cool with that because I think I'm alright. Oh, and I curse quite often. If you get easily offended, this probably isn't a regular blog you should be reading. Out with the old, in with the amazing. 

"Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid." -Goethe


<3 Jill












1 comment:

  1. Yay! Loved the Einstein quote! Can't wait for the next one... xo

    ReplyDelete